What is Western Alliance?
The three Western Queensland Schools of Distance Education, Mount Isa, Longreach and Charleville in 2011 combined the secondary departments and resources to form an alliance to further expand the delivery of quality learning for secondary students. This is known as the Western Alliance. Whilst students belong to the Western Alliance the school the student is enrolled with, is referred to as the base school.
By working together in clever and creative ways, the Western Alliance provides its year 7-10 students a quality teaching and learning program and offers students:
- more direct teaching of curriculum through increased on-air time
- individualised support and tutorials
- Home groups
- a variety of elective subjects including vocational training
- access to teachers with subject expertise and
- engagement with peers through on-air lessons and face to face during field services.
Enrol with us